Default Website Development
The default CMX website Development
These section of the Wiki will enable you to get the latest information and resources for the new default CMX website shipped with version 3.10.x
The current default site
This will always be available to you in the 'websites' folder of your Cumulus MX Installation. If you wish to undo any of the changes that downloads from this page generate then simply re-copy the websites folder to your web host.
An Alternative Interface
A new addition to the existing Interface site used for managing your weather station is now available. You can find out about it here: Alternative Interface.
There are currently 3 alternative template frameworks for the site. These all include 4 variations for the main content area of a page; a single column, two column, three column and four columns. These can be used as the framework for existing pages or to add your own content as required. You can choose to use them in any combination or just one - its up to you. All come with a pdf readme file to help you use them but for full information about the available styles visit w3Schools.
The available frameworks are:
- A lefthand sidebar with the main panel on the right. Download at Left-handed sidebar template. These can be viewed at OaktreeWebs Weather. Updated: 16 June 2021
- A righthand sidebar with the man panel on the left. Download at Right-handed sidebar templates. This is similar to the default site but the sidebar starts higher up the screen. Again, these can be viewed at OaktreeWebs Weather. Updated 15 June 2021.
- A set with no sidebar - just the main content area. Download at No sidebar templates. View at OaktreeWebs Weather. The single column version gauges page is set wider than other pages. Updated: 1 October 2021
We also have an alternative to the default gauges.htm page. This does away with the sidebar and places the gauges in fixed width panels that automatically reposition themselves as the page width is changed. The gauges are also able to be placed in any order without resorting to cut-n-paste. Just add/change a number to their order style and its done.
This can be downloaded from Gauges Page. Updated: 11 March 2021
This is now included in the standard default website. It enables any of your NOAA reports to be loaded into the page using Ajax calls so no page refresh is needed. Updated: 16 June 2021.
Complete ready to run alternative website pack
We now have a complete alternative 'website' ready for use. It is very similar to the current supplied website but with the following changes:
- There are two (2) gauges pages - gauges.htm and gaugesII.htm. They are both full width. The first removes the radio buttons from all gauges making is easy to see all gauges without scrolling. The options are provided in a dropdown page menu along with units. The second shows individual gauges in panels with their radio buttons.
- There is also a 'today v yesterday' page (todayYest.htm), for those that want to be able to compare readings.
- The layout of the sidebar is slightly different - it starts at the top of the right hand panel.
The menu has NOT been included in the zip and consequently you will need to adjust it to use the chosen pages listed above. The zip file does contain the three css stylesheets; colours.css, mx-templates.css and gauges.css which will need to be copied to the correct location on your waebserver.
Please backup your site before uploading and extracting this alternative website
The website and templates use colour themes to make it easier to change the colour throughout the site. By downloading the colour theme pack, you can simply rename the chosen colour as 'colours.css' and it will be applied throughout your site. All colour themes have now been updated to use css variables for the available theme colours. This makes it much easier to add your theme colours to your custom pages, or style sheets. It is also possible to apply theme colours to the gauges tooltips in this way.
For example, to add a coloured border to an element you can add the style like so: <span style="border-color: var(--d2);">**</span> or <span style="w3-theme-d2-bdr w3-border">**</span>.
Visit the new Theme Viewer to preview any of these themes on a basic template page. You can download individual themes directly from that page. Alternatively you can download all themes (plus a 'readme.txt' file explaining the styles) File:ColourSchemes.zip .
Additional themes have now been added. The download includes a reworked default 'colours.css' stylesheet to also use css variables and a ReadMe file to explain the styles used.
The current list is:
|CylonYellow||Emporador||GreyBlue (new)||GreyGreen (new)|