AJAX/PHP Website Template
Free multilingual modular AJAX/PHP weather website templates
The templates are grouped into three basic versions based on geographic location, and include the support scripts needed for that geography:
- USA-template (for USA, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands)
- Canada-Multilingual template English/French (for Canada)
- World-Multilingual template (for non-USA, non-Canada)
Plugins are available for weather station software:
- Cumulus (and CumulusMX)
- Virtual Weather Station
- WeatherCat (Successor product to Lightsoft Weather Center (LWC))
A complete template consists of a Base (determined by your geographical location) and a Plugin for your specific weather software.
Main features of the template set:
- Modular structure for display pages on website with primary areas (top, header, sidebar, footer) controlled by included parts so global changes can be easily made to one file and shown on all pages in the site.
- A 4-level flyout-menu system controlled by specification in one XML file.
- Built-in theme switcher allowing viewer control over website color scheme and wide/narrow aspect (with user preferences remembered by browser cookie)
- Built-in multilingual translation capability for single-phrase lookup (English to target language) and entire-page fixed content translation.
- Integrated support scripts for forecasts, alerts, earthquake information appropriate to the geography selected.
- Built-in optional debugging displays for remote site support
- Validated XHTML 1.0-Transitional HTML and CSS 2.1
- Easy maintenance using the Update tool to create a .zip file with all changes since you last downloaded the Base/Plugin
Note: the current CU-Plugin is primarily for Cumulus1 users. It can be used by CumulusMX users, but.. the wxgraphs.php page will not work as CumulusMX does not produce .png images of the weather graphs. A CUMX-plugin is being written to address this.
The templates are available at https://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/index.php